I was having a little night time snack tonight (gluten-free pretzel crisps) and a thought popped into my head….’these would make great s’mores’. So Pretzel S’mores entered into the world….
You won’t believe how incredibly easy they are to make. And they only use three ingredients. You also don’t have to make them gluten-free if you don’t want to or don’t need to.
Pretzel S’mores (Click HERE to print recipe)
- pretzel crisps (flat pretzel chips)
- flat chocolate bar (like Hershey’s)
- Put however many pretzel crisps you are using down on a plate.
- Place 2 squares of chocolate on each pretzel crisp.
- Using a skewer or a marshmallow roaster, roast your marshmallow over a medium fire. I just used my stove for this. You want it to be golden on the outside and warm and squishy on the inside, NOT burnt on the outside and hard on the inside.
- Now place your warm, squishy marshmallow on your chocolate and pretzel crisp and add another pretzel to the top.
- Allow your pretzel s’mores to sit a couple minutes so the marshmallow can melt your chocolate some.
Now I’m going to warn you. Your chocolate IS going melt through the holes of your pretzel and it’s going to be OK!! It makes it taste better that way and Uuummm, your hands WILL WASH!
These are a HOT mess, but they are so good! Only make enough for one or two each and you won’t have to be worried about over indulging, that’s what I did to make sure I didn’t!
While this isn’t a treat I would have everyday, I think it’s nice to treat yourself to something you enjoy every now and again…
See you soon! xx